The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Need visitors to test new blog installation (18 posts)

1. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

Please visit and create a blog make a post to the new blog and tell me if everything you do works or there is a problem. One plugin will need a email account to test from but currently is having a problem with gmail. My fix for that is a free email account from me.
    This blog is for bicycle riders who want a daily journal.
    The email to post will be finalized by the programmer/designer with documentation in the next week.
    After testing send me a email to delete if you choose so I can delete the blog.
    http://www.bicyclejournals.net

2. XIII
    Posted 17 years ago #

It says my email address is not allowed (my nick@my domain) when I try to register.

3. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

what is your domain name

4. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nice site.
    How did you get the signup form on your front page?

I will go and test your blog creation in a moment for you - LOL

5. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

I asked a php programmer named jason douglas to assist me.
    his email is jason@jdouglasmedia.com tell him I sent you. very knowledgeable. I'm sure if we ask him he will post the whole method and script.
    Jean Andre Vallery

6. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

just tried - same thing - also get "Sorry, that email address is not allowed"

I used: webmaster@marsart.org

7. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

I took out the domain name registration limitations

8. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

created Blog now fine,
    logged in and tested "Add" a Link.
    the adding seems OK, but the result is:
    WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 2]
    INSERT INTO wp_27_link2cat (link_id, category_id) VALUES (3, )

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/jean6289/public_html/wp-inst/wp-includes/wp-db.php:108) in /home/jean6289/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/link.php on line 79
    also: right after activation, if you use the "login" on the page [not the actual wp login page] it produces an error with: wrong password.
    but - I hot back and back in browser and got to the front page again, and logging in from there was not a problem.

You might want to re-direct from the activation result page - the "login" link [next to the "view your blog" link] to wind up on your frontpage for login - LOL

9. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Link Categories:
    WordPress database error: [Table 'jean6289_wpmu.wp_27_linkcategories' doesn't exist]
    SELECT cat_id, cat_name, auto_toggle, show_images, show_description, show_rating, show_updated, sort_order, sort_desc, text_before_link, text_after_link, text_after_all, list_limit FROM wp_27_linkcategories ORDER BY cat_id

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/jean6289/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/link-categories.php on line 306

10. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can anyone tell me the reason why this error could be happening?? the error for link catagories?

Also is any skilled enough to login to cpanel and correct issue?

11. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

hey activebiz was the link created even though the error was shown?

12. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

hi,
    no the link was not created.
    finished testing your site from Blog user:
    tandem:
    changed password - fine
    created new page = fine
    edited category name = fine
    added category = fine
    posted = fine
    logged back in = fine
    logged out = fine
    on the blogroll = you might want to separate your link or do a global default for it to show up always [everywhere] on top of all other blogs. I don't know myself how to do that - but this may be a good idea, since the header is not a link either. Once a blog user has changed their welcome post - even the Bicycle Journals link is gone.
    In your footer - yes there is a link. But once you will have many, many blogger sites in your blogroll, it will not be so easy anymore to find your "mother" Blog - LOL

13. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

you can now go and delete the blog "tandem"
    username: rascal
    password: lester

14. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the great testing. Did you by chance test the email to blog? I haven't deleted the blog yet so please let me know if you will

15. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,
    somebody already did - I believe it is "Dan test" blog

16. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks again
    Jean Andre

17. activebiz
    Posted 17 years ago #

u'r welcome

18. jeanvallery
    Posted 17 years ago #

where is the folder and file name for me to correct this issue?

right after activation, if you use the "login" on the page [not the actual wp login page] it produces an error with: wrong password.
    but - I hot back and back in browser and got to the front page again, and logging in from there was not a problem.

Jean Andre Vallery

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by jeanvallery
  • Latest reply from jeanvallery