The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Advertisment and public blog plugin (4 posts)

1. onakosano
    Posted 14 years ago #

i am trying to find all the plugins in need to create a site im putting together, ive been looking all night but i cant really find my way through all the different plugins..

does anybody have a good ad managaer on hand? so i can put logoes and such around the site (example on the right sidebar) .

and a good public blog plugin? so i can have a button called "blogs" next to the mainsite, about, forum buttons, and when you press it you get into a public blog area. ( a really good example of this is found at hypebeast.com )

***btw: does anyone know if there is any way to password protect ore onley have approved members of the forum inside a subforum( i use forum server). ***

i know this is alot to ask, and i will still try i find the plugins(if they are out there.)

thanks
    O

2. onakosano
    Posted 14 years ago #

Edit: i figured out how to only have admin approved members of forum accessing a certain part of it :)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"and a good public blog plugin? so i can have a button called "blogs" next to the mainsite, about, forum buttons, and when you press it you get into a public blog area. ( a really good example of this is found at hypebeast.com )"

All they did there was a spew out a list of blogs on the system. The button to press was just a link in the navbar, same as what was in the original theme.

This'll help -
    http://wpmututorials.com/how-to/making-a-member-list-blog-directory/

You'll probably want some extras and some mondo CSS work.

4. onakosano
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks man :)
    i was looking at a blog directory as we speak since i found a similar req. i the forum :)

thanks again :)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by onakosano
  • Latest reply from onakosano