The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Actvate/Deactivate themes: Warning: require_once error (3 posts)

1. Lewis Bell
    Posted 14 years ago #

I think I have a self inflicted problem and need help please.

Following Andy's (Peatling) instructions I had Buddypress 1.1.1 with WPMU 2.8.4a working well with the Woo "Journal theme". The only problem was the awkward display of BP, which we were going to change.
    I then decided to see how the Studiopress "Magazine" theme would look. I activated this theme (without deactivating "Journal"), saw it, did not like it, and then, later, wanted to deactivate "Magazine" and redisplay "Journal" again. But I received this message:

Warning: require_once(/home/lewbell/public_html/wp-content/themes/bp-sn-parent/functions/admin-setup.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lewbell/public_html/wp-content/themes/thejournal/functions.php on line 12

My only hint is that "Magazine" was previously BP activated and some of that functionality may still be lingering in it. Also I'm surprised there is no mention of Magazine in the error message.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

When you activate a new theme, the previous theme is deactivated. At least, I'm assuming your doing this under Appearance.

Also, this really is a Buddypress themeing issue, so you may want to post over in there forums.

The error message is stating it can't find any BP functions in the Journal theme.

3. wandilly
    Posted 14 years ago #

Greetings Lewis
    I am a member of Marin Professionals Association, which is a non profit community of unemployed professionals sponsored by EDD .Since April I have been searching and testing different formats of WordPress templates but recently in their website showcase, I found an incredible website: ""www.umwblogs.org" that our community would really benefit from .So now I am trying to recreate our "marinprofessionals.com" website with the same capabilities that http://www.umwblogs.org" has.

1) I have registered the domain (marinprofessionals.com) and am hosting it with Godaddy,
    2) I uploaded the MUWP 2.4.8a version zip file to my godaddy account and unziped it.
    3) From godaddy I uploaded the BuddyPress zip 1.1.2 version and unziped it as well
    Please bear with me...as I have some questions that may seem silly to you...
    1. my plan was to create each page starting with the home page from a WPMU template and then add the sliding panels and user login capability similar to ""www.umwblogs.org"
    but the problem is I don''t see any templates available in WPMU.
    Today I found in your post a comment regarding "Following Andy's (Peatling) instructions I had Buddypress 1.1.1 with WPMU 2.8.4a working well with the Woo "Journal theme".
    Can you please help me to get started in the right direction? I would like to know how did you find Andy's (Peatling) instructions?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Lewis Bell
  • Latest reply from wandilly