The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

From start to finish, help me put WPMU on my GoDaddy server. (4 posts)

1. jaxrogue
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the requisite wildcard DNS, separate database, and deluxe hosting. I used the built-in FTP client to upload it to the html directory. When the install would start to work, I would get an "error establishing database connection" and then a 403, 404, or HTTP 500 error screen.

I have single user WP's on separate databases, so I don't think the problem is there. I admit I am dumb when it comes to stuff like this, so please walk me through installing this thing. It is greatly appreciated.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

3. Katastimata
    Posted 14 years ago #

I suppose that if the error is about "establishing database connection" then the issue is with the godaddy mysql server, have another look at the full domain name and path to the database server. Post it here if it helps.

4. justinkomhyr
    Posted 14 years ago #

The db connection for mu should be setup the same way that you setup your original wp scripts. Definately double check your user and password when you setup the db. Also, make sure to give the user full permissions to the db.

Also, if an install has failed then it has already created the wrong config file. I suggest deleting the config.php file and starting install over. If that doesn't work try deleting all files, uploading again and starting install over.

As far as subdomains for wordpress mu the main mu domain needs to accept wilcard enries. This means that anywordher.maindomain.com would work if setup as a blog.

I don't think go daddy give you access to httpd.conf files an the ability to edit the dns whichis necessary.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jaxrogue
  • Latest reply from justinkomhyr