The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Flickr plugin (tantannoodles) not working with MU (4 posts)

1. dickkirkland
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello all,
    I am a bit new to MU and have a few blogs up and running.
    Today, I tried to use an old favorite plugin of mine, the Wordpress Flickr photo album plugin developed by Joe Tan (tantannoodles.com).
    The install went smoothly, but when inserting Flickr content into a test post, I can't seem to click on the album icons properly.

Usually, when clicking on an album or "set" you get the set's title along with some other general info and a link to "view this on flickr.com". I don't get this information when clicking on an album/set and when clicking on "insert into post" no source code is generated inside of the post.

One useful bit of info on my setup is that my blogs are currently on a development server that is not viewable to the public. Could having this new server environment behind a firewall be keeping me from importing content into blogs/sites with the Flickr plugin? The plugin does see the albums/sets within Flickr and clicking on the various tabs in the pop up dialog box for the plugin shows other desired content, ex. "everyone's" photo streams.

I'm just wondering if that's the kink in all of this.

Any help or advice with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
    Dick

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

That could be the kink, not sure.

I did use this one a while back, and it broke with an older version. Haven't had the chance to test it on the latest.

3. dickkirkland
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks andrea.
    Yeah, I may have to wait until we go live to see if the plugin works with MU fully.
    I guess it makes sense that the site's plugin is allowing it to see data on the outside, but maybe presenting this data on the inside only is causing trouble.
    Maybe I'll try some similar tests, like SmartYouTube, to see if the firewall/setup is restricting my plugin.
    I'll report back and let you know.
    Sincerely,
    Dick

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

good check.

I'll try & remember to reinstall this plugin on one of my live sites.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by dickkirkland
  • Latest reply from andrea_r