The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Does exist an option to limit blog registration per mail ? (8 posts)

1. Toucouleur
    Posted 17 years ago #

In fact, I don't want to be spammed and I would like to limit one blog per mail address.

I know it was lite that in the past, But I've not been able to find how to make it like it was, instead of allowing multiple blog per users.

Thanks by advance

Cédric

2. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

My system rejects a second blog for an existing email! Versin 1.0 RC4! This is without any changes to any settings! Just standard out of the box!

3. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

I hope it hasn't disappeared. There a many users that would like multiple blogs in my institution.

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

It rejects the email address if you logged out and try to use it to create a new blog. If you're logged in though, you can create additional blogs.

5. Toucouleur
    Posted 17 years ago #

that's what I don't want.

allow user to create Additional blog is not a good thing for me.

6. Toucouleur
    Posted 17 years ago #

I found how to code it by the way, a suggestion could be to allow or disallow this from the main admin panel ;)

7. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

Toucouleur - submit a patch with your code and an admin panel option and I'll merge it in!

8. Toucouleur
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok Donncha, here it is (but it's really really simple)

admin/wpmu-options.php - Line 106

Add :

<fieldset class="options">
    <legend><?php _e('Allow users to get multiple blog with one mail account') ?></legend>
    <table width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="5" class="editform">
    <?php
    $allow_multiple_blog_per_account = get_site_option('allow_multiple_blog_per_account', 1);
    ?>
    <tr valign="top">
    <th width="33%" scope="row"><?php _e('Allow user to create multiple blog with a single account:') ?></th>
    <td>
    <select name="allow_multiple_blog_per_account" id="allow_multiple_blog_per_account">
    <option value="1"<?php echo $allow_multiple_blog_per_account == 1 ? ' SELECTED' : ''; ?>><?php _e('Yes') ?></option>
    <option value="0"<?php echo $allow_multiple_blog_per_account == 0 ? ' SELECTED' : ''; ?>><?php _e('No') ?></option>
    </select>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </fieldset>

admin/wpmu-edit.php - Line 32 :

Add :

update_site_option( "allow_multiple_blog_per_account", $_POST[ 'allow_multiple_blog_per_account' ] );

wp-signup.php - Line 13 :

Add :

if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
    // Attempt to sign-up again, check if users are allowed or not
    if (get_site_option('allow_multiple_blog_per_account') == 0) {
    wp_redirect('/');
    }
    }

May be I should inform already registered users why they are not alwoed to create a new blog, but in fact, most of time, only spammers like such tools ;) (I'm myself a spammer for SEO contests, I know exactly what to worrid about with a so easy to use blog tool).

Of Coure the PO files should be change also, but my english is not as good as I wish it to be, so I let you change the title for what you think is the best.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Toucouleur
  • Latest reply from Toucouleur