The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Login fields (10 posts)

1. Flea
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I'm in the process of designing my WPmu site (which you can see here: http://www.iscool.com.au) As you can see there are login fields in the top right corner. How do I customize these fields so that users can login to their blogs from there?

Cheers,
    Flea

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

This has been covered a time or two. Click here to view the search results. Look near the bottom of the page and you should see 4 or 5 "relevant posts".

Hope this helps :)

3. Flea
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks Andrew!

I'm seeing a bunch of code in this topic here, but I'm unsure which one is correct and where I'm supposed to place the code. Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Flea

4. nkvn
    Posted 17 years ago #

hi flea,
    I love the design of your homepage. Can you do it for me and how much??

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've been meaning to do this for mine. I'll see if I can work on this this weekend.

6. Flea
    Posted 17 years ago #

Any progress on this? I can't work it out.

Cheers,
    Flea

7. amanzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I created some code that does this in the following thread: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=1464&replies=10#post-8063

What you do is create a new function in a functions.php file in your theme's folder. Then you just call the function where you want the login form to be.

You'll need to customise the html/css to match your site, but based on the look of your site, you'll have no problem doing that!

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

We created a login-with-no-redirect widget. If the main theme is widgetized, and now that logins are site-wide, it should work. I'm off to try it. Anyone interested in the login widget?

9. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

I am for sure, would the widget go in the sidebar for the theme? Or is there another way of widgetizing one's site?

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Widgets go in sidebars, but you can make "sidebars" go acros the top of the page or the bottom - for example. :)

About this Topic