The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wordpress and WPMU Installation (11 posts)

1. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

I have my primary Wordpress blog installed in the /public_html folder. Now i want to install WPMU on my server with blog.itechengine.com sub-domain settings.

I tried following things..
    1) Installed it in /public_html/blogs - and i got structure like...

newblog.itechengine.com/blogs

2) Then i installed it it /blogs folder i.e. in the root folder - and i have structure like...

newblog.blog.itechengine.com

I dont want these both the cases, i just want to setup a WPMU blog which could result like....

blog.itechengine.com
    newblog.itechengine.com and so on....

Please help me.... Ihave tried many times and many ways but still NO LUCK... Waiting for replies....

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Best bet would be to place wpmu into the root of it's own account. As you have discovered, wpmu doesn't like being used as an addon or via a redirect.

You can do it but you'll quickly discover it'll cause more issues down the road. Plus with most hosting setups (ie CPanel) if Apache has any issue like even a 404 that it can't deal with, it'll fall back to the main site.

3. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

So is there any way that i can get this done... i am even ready to migrate my main blog from Wordpress to WPMU, I tried this several times but i am failed to import my DB.

reason may be my $table_prefix = 'jt_'; than $table_prefix = 'wp_';

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

5. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Andera,

I was taking help of this post but still i am not able to migrate my website... earlier i had migrated my another website MyLoversWish.com by simillar method. But not it is not happening...

6. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

I Wish Wordpress and WPMU has a PERFECT Import & Export Functionality.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Kinda hard to help without further details. :)

8. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

i am trying to import my blog DB one-bye-one in my MPMU DB lets see what it results into!

9. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

Mission Accomplished Now running on Wordpress MU

I am writing a fresh content on Migrating Wordpress to WPMU....

However I have couple of problems which i will be discussing soon!

10. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

After the successful migration... When i am trying to create a new blog ---After creation getting following errors.

When i browse new blog url....newblog.itechengine.com

Index of /
    _vti_bin/
    cgi-bin/
    Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at newblog.itechengine.com Port 80

When i use Actication key...

Not Found
    The requested URL /wp-activate.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at newblog.itechengine.com Port 80

PLEASE HELP!

11. techjockey
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Andera, Please go through following. I am sure that there must be some suggestions coming from you!

http://itechengine.com/technology-junction/migrate-from-wordpress-to-wordpress-mu-how-to.html

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by techjockey
  • Latest reply from techjockey