The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

post autosave not working (1 post)

1. anointed
    Posted 14 years ago #

Normally when I go in and to add an article, I give it a title. as soon as I move the mouse to the body portion, wordpress immediately gives the post a url.

For some reason, my wordpress-mu is not doing this until I either save the draft or publish the post.

This is causing serious issues for me.

Here is why the problem:
    I create a post title, insert an image into the post, and then the body text. I click publish. (at that point the post url shows up).

The problem is simple. Because I added the image to the post prior to the post having it's own url, there is no way of having wordpress 'attach' the image properly to the post itself.

This means that when my scripts look for the thumbnail to display on the homepage, none show up and there is no way to get a thumbnail to show up even if I edit the post and add photo's to it.

Now if I give the post a title, then click 'create draft' then add in the image/post body, the thumbnails show up properly.

What would possibly cause wordpress to not generate the post url when the cursor leaves the title field like it used to?

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by anointed