The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMUDEV (6 posts)

1. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Alright, after a very exhausting (4 hours) upgrade, WPMUDEV is now running off a new code base. Needless to say i'm dead tired at the moment so this is just going to be a quick post to clear up any confusion.

First let me say that I had to copy everything from the old db to the new db manually so if I gave you someones else project of vice versa just let me know and i'll fix it. The following will hopefully resolve any/most confusion/question(s) about the upgrade and resulting changes.

1) Everything was coded to be very similar to the old site as far as project addresses and the like so if you've linked to a project from another site you should not have a problem.

2) If you had an account before the upgrade, you *should* have one now.

3) Invitations are no longer required. There is a new moderation system to take care of misuse, so I no longer have to keep an eye on who signs up.

4) You do not need an account to download files however you do need one to post comments.

5) If you liked the old style better, edit your profile via the link in the top right corner and select 1.0 as the stylesheet. Keep in mind that the original stylesheet is ran through a parser that attempts to make it compatible with the new site so there may be a few things that look funky.

6) The chart on the front page isn't broken, the api system just isn't finished yet. Read the API FAQ for more information.

7) There is a new role system that includes "Administrator", "Moderator", "Developer", and "Member". Everyone is a Developer by default when they register. So that means anyone can create a project. If you misbehave (IE create loads of spam projects or comments) you will be dropped down to "Member" which can only post comments that have to be approved before they appear.

8) There will most likely be a few bugs that I missed so please either email me at "andrew (a-T) idtstudios.com" or post in this thread.

If you guys have any questions, i'll be more than happy to answer them :)

Edot:

ok, so it didn't end up being a quick post. ;)

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Um, what's with the URLs for the plugin listings? Awefully long and they include periods in plain text. Wouldn't that be an issue?

3. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

That would be one of those bugs I mentioned. I'll fix it in a few minutes ;)

Edit:

All fixed now, sorry about that.

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Cool. Thanks.

Thanks for the hard work by the way. :)

-drmiek

5. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Now i've got to go get a plugin uploaded before Andrea shoots me ;)

Just let me know if you guys see something that doesn't look right.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I promise I won't shoot you. I might ground you though... ;)

(No cookies for YOU! :P)

And thanks for all the hard work - I had a poke around last night, looks good.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by andrewbillits
  • Latest reply from andrea_r