The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Exporting Usernames from database (7 posts)

1. vested1
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there a method for extrapolating usernames and passwords from one MySQL database and importing them into another? I am using MySQL tools not MyPHPAdmin...

Thank you,

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Which usernames and passwords?

3. vested1
    Posted 14 years ago #

Auhors, Editors, Subscribers, etc... I want to fin a way to simplify the adding existing users to another blog without having to go through, "my password won't rest", "no matter what I do I can't login", and the ever famous "I never received my email..."

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you actually adding users to another blog in the same MU system, or literally moving users from one database to another?

5. miklb
    Posted 14 years ago #

funny, I was just wondering a similar thing myself. Should be able to import the wp_users table from one WPMU install into another, though just doing that they won't be associated with any blogs, and would have to be added manually to each blog, or you'd have to import the usermeta table as well, which might present some problems…

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

You'd have to renumber the user IDs as well.

7. vested1
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oh and sorry for the late reply -- yes, it would be to a separate database but on the same install of MySQL (if that makes sense)

I had posted a question asking if anyone thought it may be advantageous to use to instances of MySQL one running on 3306 and another 0n 3307 due to the memory limitations (physical that is) and mysql... I am at about 1/8 capacity on my 2 gig dedicated server and noticed that because the one has the same files (as close as possible) as the other, that the larger two out of the three are kind of slowing down and the database takes a long time to load on a reboot (after doing updates, etc.)

Or, would it be possible for the same database to share the same tables with the same domain name with a different extensions (.com and .net)

I guess to sum it up, memory is going to become an issue soon it would appera for me...

Thanks

About this Topic