The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Other Methods? (2 posts)

1. devil12911
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hey! I'm trying to install the script, but this error comes up: "chmod 777 /hermes/web07c/b2881/moo.devil12911"

Now, the thing is, i couldn't locate the path, so i contacted the host support. This is the reply i got:

"Hello,

The path /hermes/web07c/b2881/moo.devil12911 is in fact the internal server path to your account on the shared platform. It stands as the path of the root of your account, but the path is not visible in File manager. However, it is not practical to chmod the root or any folder in the root as it is not allowed. Even if you set those permissions, the installation url will load with an internal server error, as the server does not allow such permissions. Hence, please contact the vendor of the blog application about the issue."

So, i even tried editing the config file since the installation would not take place, but still failed and without the installation going any further, i'm stuck.

What would you guys advise me to do? Oh, BTW, this is the server info just in case you need it:

Platform
    Type Debian
    MySQL Version
    MySQL Version 5.0.77
    Perl Version
    Perl 5.8.8
    PHP Version
    PHP 5.2.2

For relation, this is the site: http://www.dvzworld.com/ with the install-index.

thanks...dvz

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

To install WordPress MU, the install script has to be allowed to write to the server. Quite simply, if your host refuses to do that, you need to find a new host that is WordPress compatible.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by devil12911
  • Latest reply from tmoorewp