The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Two new plugins (List All Posts and Feedback) (77 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actualy, he did it like this if anyone's interested:

[code]
    $opt3 = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT post_title, guid
    FROM $blogPostsTable WHERE
    post_status = 'publish' AND post_type = 'post' AND
    post_date >= DATE_SUB(CURRENT_DATE(), INTERVAL 1 DAY)
    ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,1");
    [/code]

2. ColinFilmJournal
    Posted 17 years ago #

Great plugins Andrew :)

One suggestion is to automatically exclude blogs marked as spam. I'm going to tweak the plugin myself as well as adding the tweak above tomorrow.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Don't know how I missed these. :)

Two suggestions on the Feedback plugin.

- Need a cancel button. When you click on the feedback button, there's no link to go back to the Dashboard.

- Would really love to see a method to email these feedbacks since I have a support system that I use on my site.

I wonder if we can get the window to go up and down instead. Hmm....

Thanks,
    -drmike

4. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually if you click the feedback button again, it closes the form. However, I agree, it needs a cancel button.

As for emailing the feedback, i'll add that as well.

The only thing i'm not interested in is adding any more javascript. I don't know why but i've never really liked working with javascript. However if someone codes it up and send it to me, i'll add it in and give that person credit. :)

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well what about something like this?

6. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I like it. :) I'll try to get it added this week before I leave(Friday). If not, i'll work on it while i'm gone (i'm sure i'll get bored).

7. Lal
    Posted 17 years ago #

Where do i put this code to exclude the Hello World from being shown?:

$opt3 = $wpdb->get_results("SELECT post_title, guid
    FROM $blogPostsTable WHERE
    post_status = 'publish' AND post_type = 'post' AND
    post_date >= DATE_SUB(CURRENT_DATE(), INTERVAL 1 DAY)
    ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,1");

8. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hey guys,

I apologize in advance for posting this across several threads but I don't want anyone to think i'm just ignoring them. I'm going to be on vacation from now through Aug 11th. So if anyone asks a question and I don't reply, please don't think that i'm just avoiding it. I'll try to pop in between now and Aug 5th but after that i'll be without a decent (as in faster than 28K Dialup) internet connection.

When i get back i'm going to update all of the plugins in the List-All series with the requested features as well as upload a few other plugins I have sitting on my hard drive.

I'm hoping that this week and next will be relativly "slow" since Donncha is in SF for WordCamp. However, if anything goes wrong, i'll be checking my email regularly so feel free to email at "andrew (aT} idtstudios.com".

I'm counting on drmike and andrea to hold down the fort while i'm gone ;)

9. mickemus
    Posted 17 years ago #

Enjoy your vacation Andrew... and eat some cookies ;)

10. XIII
    Posted 17 years ago #

Does anyone know if it's possible to tweak the query so comments are ignored as updates? Because these can bump an old entry right back to the top.

11. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmm, i'll work on this when I get back.

12. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thank you Andrew. I'm very excited seeing that you released these plugins! Your constructing a page for MU plugins is also very useful for the community.

Currently, I am facing some issues for the list all plugin. On my page, it shows the following error message:

"WordPress database error: [Table 'test.wp_29_posts' doesn't exist]
    SELECT post_content FROM wp_29_posts WHERE post_type = 'post' ORDER BY post_date_gmt DESC

WordPress database error: [Table 'test.wp_29_posts' doesn't exist]
    SELECT post_title FROM wp_29_posts WHERE post_type = 'post' ORDER BY post_date_gmt DESC

WordPress database error: [Table 'test.wp_29_posts' doesn't exist]
    SELECT post_author FROM wp_29_posts WHERE post_type = 'post' ORDER BY post_date_gmt DESC

WordPress database error: [Table 'test.wp_29_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_29_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname'

WordPress database error: [Table 'test.wp_29_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_29_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl'

- Posted to by

.. (Read More)"

For the feedback plugin, I am not getting notification in the e-mail. Is there something else that I must configure besides those covered in the readme?

13. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You have checked to see if those tables actually exist, right?

As to the question about the feedback plugin, I would suggest actually reading the thread you post in as it's suggested above.

14. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually, the feedback plugin code is horribly archaic. So what i'm planning to do is just code from scratch a new plugin that will serve as a "support center" for wpmu. So far i'm planning on it having support tickets, faq, and a section to report adult or spam blogs.

If there's anything else you guys would like added just let me know. I'm planning on getting it coded thursday and friday.

btw, the vacation was very relaxing. I think I took about 300 photos. ;)

15. Misera
    Posted 17 years ago #

Maybe for the admin to have newly submitted list, updated list, etc.. so that you don't get spammed if someone does try spamming tickets. OR limit 1 ticket opened per account?

care to share pictures? ;)

16. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think a support center is overkill. There's enough of them out there already on the market, many of them Open Source and/ or free.

17. Misera
    Posted 17 years ago #

list all posts plugin is only showing the latest post for me.. I tried it for 5 latests, and then 10.. neither will make more than 1 show. Any idea why? :x

Edit: I'm sorry I need a break =_=;.. It only shows the 1 latest post per blog.. not sitewide latest 5 posts. Like if the last 5 posts were all from one blog, only the last post from that blog would show. UGHHHH *shoots self*

18. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike,

I thought of that but most of them don't integrate very well with wpmu. Also, the ticket system will be failry simple compared to most of the open source alternatives.

19. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I thought it was a good idea. It woudl be integrated, like you said, and one less thing for admins to worry about.

Now, when can we see these pics? ;) Got flickr?

20. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think everyone has flickr by now :P

As for the pics, i'll snap a few screenshots as soon as I tidy up the front end. It looks horrible at the moment.

21. Melodiefabrieknl
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have some trouble with List All Posts which I also posted on the website. Hopefully I will be able to solve it. Maybe I should rewrite parts of it.

22. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

The List-All and List-All-Themes plugins are both in need of an overhaul. However, i'm waiting for the official 1.0 release to do it.

23. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike, I apologize.

24. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

"You have checked to see if those tables actually exist, right?"

Those tables do not exist. Existing tables are with different table names. Instead of "wp_29", it's "bb_29". I checked that my wp-config.php does have correct table_prefix identified. What should I change so that the script looks for the correct table?

25. Lal
    Posted 17 years ago #

Some suggestions(?) and help needed:
    1. How to tweak the the List-all-posts and List-all plugins to support images such as to put an arrow image (to be placed in the theme images directory) just infront of the headline posts/titles. Something like:

Latest blog posts:

>> My post 1
    >> My post 2
    >> My post 3

26. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

And that would be really, really easy to do in the stylesheet if the output was formatted in a list, but it's not. :-/

Find this:
    if (tmp_begin_wrap == "" || tmp_end_wrap == "" ) {
    $begin_wrap = "<p>";
    $end_wrap = "</p>";

And you shoudl be able to add the image URL in there.

27. Lal
    Posted 17 years ago #

cant seem to solve it. :-|

28. MrCrimson
    Posted 17 years ago #

Cruz,

I had a slightly different issue and it was due to a blog being partially registered. The index had been created in the list of blogs, but the tables had not yet been made because the user had not completed registration. I'm not sure how the table could have been assigned a different index name. That seems awfully weird.

I'm not sure if this applies to your situation, but I figure it couldn't hurt. ;)

I've also edited the code in my copy of the plugin to reflect the GMT time of the last posting. Granted, the list is still sorted by the last time the blog itself was updated, (not necessarily the latest post), but it's closer to what I need.

I can probably show someone how to do it if they are interested. I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to format the date and time yet, but I may do that in the future. I'm still pretty slow at figuring out this stuff. :)

Best-

Crim

29. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the heads up Crim.
    Cruz

30. Cruz
    Posted 17 years ago #

I double checked the tables. The tables that it intends to grab does not exist. But, besides the wrong "wp" prefix, the table number identified appears to be correct. Need to find out what is causing it to look into "wp" table instead of the right table prefix.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by andrewbillits
  • Latest reply from alexguzun