The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

After upgrading 2.9.1 - Save error (message: Are you sure you want to do this?) (11 posts)

1. pbrink
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

The update process went smoothly, but after some testing on the site I found out that I couldn't save any pages, links or Post. After hitting the save button I get the following message:

Are you sure you want to do this?
    Please try again.

The 'Please try again' is a link that sends you back to the page where you came from.

The auto save option is working and quick edit functions to. So it's not in the save process.

I restored the backup on the server and started to try local. I deleted all plug-in and mu-plugins and retried the upgrade. Again the same problem...

I'm now using version WordPress MU 2.8.6. And I used the automatic update function.

Anyone else having this problem? Don't really know what next to do?

Thanks in advance,
    Pieter

2. RobertGrinde
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am also having the same problem, it happens with all kind of save buttons when trying to change something as admin.

From my testing normal users are not affected..

3. pbrink
    Posted 14 years ago #

Indeed the userblogs are working only the main blog has this error.

Still no clue what the problem is...

4. mark-k
    Posted 14 years ago #

This is because of the spam nag.... I have just added

remove_action( 'admin_notices', 'anti_spam_nag' );

to one of the files in mu-plugins, but it might be enough to acknowledge the spam nag.

5. pbrink
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Mark,

I added the syntax to a .php file in the mu-plugins folder, but it doesn't seem to work.

What do you meen with spam nag and it might be enough to acknowledge the spam nag?

6. mark-k
    Posted 14 years ago #

pbrink, Take a look at the notice area, you will probably find there a suggestion to install a spam blocking plugin. Try to dismiss it.

7. dimensionmedia
    Posted 14 years ago #

I had the same problem - in fact, with BuddyPress installed I wasn't even able to add new profile fields.

"Hiding" the notice worked for me but the hide doesn't seem to work on any page outside of the Site Admin page. Go to that page, hide the message, and things should be ok.

Just my experience.

8. RobertGrinde
    Posted 14 years ago #

@dimensionmedia

Thanks, that did the job form me :-)

9. qdinar
    Posted 14 years ago #

10. pbrink
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks that did it!

11. pbrink
    Posted 14 years ago #