The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

White screen with a new instalation of wordpress mu 2.91 (6 posts)

1. blackandwhite
    Posted 14 years ago #

When I the submit button to install the wordpress mu all I get is a white screen. the same thing I got when I updated to 2.9.1 and as a result had to delete everything thing and start again........
    Now I try to install mu and all i get is a white screen... I'll be glad if anyone could help?

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

White screen means php error - look in your php error log.

3. xseon
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same problem. Don't know for sure, but I suppose it is a hosting issue as I successfully installed MU on another host.
    The funny thing is that I can install the single Wordpress using Fantastico but have not succeeded (3 days now) to install WPMU. And my error log shows nothing about it (I use a shared hosting account).

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

have you got error reporting turned on and set to go the log file?

5. debaditya@gmail.com
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check this one, this is the culprit ... I think.
    http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/2071

6. DaNiel
    Posted 14 years ago #

@xseon

it is probably that wpmu is not really made to work on a shared host. In many cases, those host rent you a low php_memory_limit. And MU is intended for many many users, not 2 or 10.

WPMU requires 64Mo php memory (view in wp-settings.php) and your host probably gives you only 12 or 20...Use php_info() if you want to know this exactly.
    This also explain why a single install could work (at the install) on such a server, but after installing some plugins or havingyour community growing heavily, you can encounter problems - due to the same memory limit reason.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by blackandwhite
  • Latest reply from DaNiel