The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

multiple blogs within one wp installation/admin (8 posts)

1. eyetag
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

hi there,

as the title says: i´m looking for a way to get another, second blog running within my basic 1.5 wp installation. i would like to manage these two installs of wp within the same admin-interface, using the same login and, in best case, the same database.
    i´m not quite sure if wp multiuser can do this or if there´s a way to make this happen with the standard wp version or a hack/plugin...

anyone who knows something about this?

thanks a lot!
    et

2. lucid1
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I dont have time to look up the link for you but the plugin 'multiply' or 'vhost' will do that with wordpress I think....

I think that mu can do it for ya too, but they are vey different.... for just a second blog, I reccommend you doing a second install of wordpress... its a big hurdle to jump to mu just for that...

3. eyetag
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

how difficult is it to switch over?

those plugins seem to be only suitable for quite advanced users, too.
    plus i´m still not sure, if they can do what i wanted to achieve, maybe multiple blogs. all the others looked a little bit different or outdated to me...

4. lucid1
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

if you only need one more, I would reccommend a second install. if you have some time check out mu, but it is like killing a fly with a sword if you only want to have 2 blogs.

I havent tried either of those plugins...

5. jasongolod
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I agree with lucid1, if you are looking to run two blogs, MU is not the way to go.

6. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'd agree too... just run two installs of WP.

7. eyetag
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

to run two installs won´t take me to the desired result, cuz i need to manage my blogs in one database/admin!

8. sharad
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

After installation of multiuser wordpress, when i try to see the blog site, it gives me following error,

" Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI

script.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
    Error 500

09/09/05 16:54:24
    Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.8 PHP/5.0.4 mod_autoindex_color "

When i checked with the database, the database is properly installed. Plz give me the solution

About this Topic