The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

multi market localised sites with access to the same assets/media (4 posts)

1. matthewmuller
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi, Im new to WP and would appreciate some insights.

Im looking to build a site which needs to be serviced by multiple markets with differenct language requirements.

So I can host each on its own subdomain and i guess there will be language variations.

I have a requirement so that each blog has access to the same assets. There is also a local market asset rights management to come in a later version.

Any advice appreciated.

thanks

MaTT

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I have a requirement so that each blog has access to the same assets."

That's default. all blogs have access to the same plugins because they are all in one folder shared by the same install.

3. matthewmuller
    Posted 14 years ago #

thanks. Is it possible to share pages across blogs? i.e. I publish one in English and then want to publish that page to another market so they can localise it and maybe change it up a little?

cheers,

MaTT

4. redsoxmaniac
    Posted 14 years ago #

You can use the multi-post plugin for wordpress mu. The posts created by the plugin (slave post) can be changed for each blog. The great thing ( or bad thing ) that is useful is that when you change the master post, all other post will follow suit.

There is the global translator pro that can allow your users to change languages. These should all be in the repository or type it in on Google.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by matthewmuller
  • Latest reply from redsoxmaniac