The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Image Red X's (6 posts)

1. kgraham
    Posted 14 years ago #

Visited my site today and found all of my images have turned to red x's. Everything was working fine previously. The only maintenance done on the site was a tech playing with plugin wp-cache but it has been uninstalled. Images are there but browsing directly to their urls yields the following error;

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /var/www/wpmu/wp-includes/ftihlshtvhp.php on line 256

Warning: fopen(/var/www/wpmu/wp-includes/post-template.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/wpmu/wp-includes/ftihlshtvhp.php on line 257

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/wpmu/wp-includes/ftihlshtvhp.php on line 258

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/wpmu/wp-includes/ftihlshtvhp.php on line 259

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Um, ftihlshtvhp.php? That's not a wpmu file I've ever seen.

Any idea what it is and/or where it came from?

3. kgraham
    Posted 14 years ago #

No idea. I suppose it had something to do with the wp-cache plugin. It add a file date that equaled when I installed that plugin. I've since removed it, and the strange php files. Now I still see no images. They are there, in the correct folders. However, I cannot even browse to one using the direct link to it. I now get a 404 error.

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Its nothing I've ever seen either and its nothing to do with wp-cache.

Can you reload your core WPMU files from a backup? and check other file permissions too.

Does the apache error log give any more details?

5. kgraham
    Posted 14 years ago #

Reloading the core files from backup has solved the issue. Everything is fine now but I am worried about where all those files came from.

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

So am I. There's nothing in Google on it.

We should have had you open up the file to see what was in there first before you deleted it.

About this Topic