The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

is anyone running Wordpress MU off its svn trunk? (5 posts)

1. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

To keep my install up to date, I was thinking of running WPMU off its svn trunk. I would periodically 'svn up' to update.

Is anyone doing this? http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=584&replies=23#post-3089 asked a similar question but the conversation got side tracked and there is no means to refactor the content to get back to the main thread.

Is SVN tagged in such a way that as admin I can pull it forward or back to a particular revision?

Are updates provided in any modular fasion such that database / files can be synced forward or back coherently? e.g. update scripts that can accumulated to bring forward from revision X to revision Y?

Thanks,
    Martin.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I copy and paste off of the trac myself but I do that manually since I've modified some of the code for my install.

3. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm just now setting my desktop up to keep in sync. With what I'm using (seen here, just sub MU for WP) it says you can go back and forth.

Dunno about live sites though.

5. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 17 years ago #

I keep mine up to date using SVN. I don't do it all the time and I think it's worth checking out the trac to see what bugs have arrived and when they arrived before doing an update. I was hit with the syntax error in kses.php and I didn't check after the update (bad practice I should add).

I don't have any code modifications BTW.

As far as I know from a scan of the svn book you can update forward or backward to any specific revision. I think you can do it on a per-file basis too.

Saves me a ton of uploading work doing it this way.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by mrjcleaver
  • Latest reply from pumpkinslayer