The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

ads on some themes and not on others (4 posts)

1. B1gft
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is it possible to offer my clients free websites that show ads, and websites, that if they pay a little money for, are ad free.

How could I set it up that they can chose only themes that are either ad free or have ads, that they can not chose the two. So the people who do not want to pay any money can only chose the themes that have the ads.

Hope I am explaining this right.

Thanks

2. JackHugh21
    Posted 13 years ago #

I would think that you would have to create your own code to do this. I have heard of some people putting certain types of ads specific to different people. It would be complicated I would think.

3. gazouteast
    Posted 13 years ago #

Easiest way would be to have two copies of each theme, one with and one without the ads, not ideal, but easiest.

Other than that, you could investigate hacking a plugin such as " ozh_who_sees_ads " and making it work alongside a custom user field at registration (paid or not paid).

Thinking as I go along here ... or you could use a plugin like s2subscribe to have (in the case of this plugin) up to 4 user subscription levels, and combine that with "member access" or "members only" (and a little hacking) to determine which themes they can see in their back end as sub-blog admins.

On a similar route, you could have a site-admin managed "themes blog" and depending on their s2subscribe/member access settings, they get to see one set of themes to request if they haven't paid, and a different set if they have paid (allows you to offer themes unique to the payers too, if you do it that way). Of course, this makes it a little more "hands on" for the site admin, but it means no custom code or hacking is needed.

Just a few ideas

Gaz

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Easy, wrap it in an if else function. if they are paid, show nothing, else here's the ad code.

About this Topic