The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Edit permalink not taking. Reverts to original name with a hyphenated 3 (7 posts)

1. gazinga
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi all, new to forums and hoping for an answer. I have created a new page, titled it and published it. For some reason the permalink is:

Permalink: http://021connection.com/wpmu/events-3/

I don't know what the -3 signifies. I tried to edit it to just events but when I hit update it reverts back to events-3.

As for the parent attribute, it is set to Main Page (no parent).

A bit confused.

Thank you!!!!

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Do you have two previous Pages that also had the events slug? Maybe you made them and then deleted them?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Empty your trash.

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

*sigh* I knew I forgot to do something this morning before I left the house.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

:P

No, the new trash version. if there's a post in there with the same name, a new post will append the numbers.

6. gazinga
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi and thank you all for your replies. While waiting to hear back, I took the initiative and started poking around via myphpadmin ... I may have done something terribly wrong. I found the page and all its revisions in the db and deleted them all ... wiped the db table of any file with that title. So I thought the slate was clean again and I could start all over. I created a new page and called titled it the same as before, Events. Previewed it and it was visible. Published it and now I get a 404. It is in the db, it just can't be found by WPMU ... yet another twist to my saga. Anyone have any ideas. Thank you in advance.

7. gazinga
    Posted 14 years ago #

BTW ... how do you empty the WPMU trash?

About this Topic