The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

[WPMU-LDAP] My LDAP doesn't have email addresses in it, ARGH (3 posts)

1. ancawonka
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm successfully using the WPMU-LDAP plugin to provide LDAP login to users who come to the site. However, I've run into an issue when adding users...

The LDAP I'm using doesn't have an email address associated w/ each account - it's just an authentication service. So, when I add a user, I have to set their email manually so that WordPress will allow me to create additional users.

I can predict what the email address is, which is good (username + domain), but what I need to figure out is how to bulk-add users and still have them authenticate through LDAP.

Has anyone had this problem?

2. axelseaa
    Posted 14 years ago #

you could easily modify the account creation to hardcode the email address based on your convention instead of using the value its trying to lookup from ldap. Unfortunately, you would have to make this change under the hood - there isn't a way to do it from the config screens.

3. ancawonka
    Posted 13 years ago #

Is there a hook that you could recommend for doing this? I haven't dug into the core code for creating users yet, and would appreciate some direction as to where to start.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by ancawonka
  • Latest reply from ancawonka