The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Warning: mysql_get_server_info()... show up on my Forums page? (3 posts)

1. aburi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Warning: mysql_get_server_info(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /nfs/c06/h03/mnt/91235/domains/wanderingindia.com/html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1241

Line 1241 of wp-db.php looks like this:

/**
    	 * The database version number
    	 * @param false|string|resource $dbh_or_table (not implemented) Which database to test.  False = the currently selected database, string = the database containing the specified table, resource = the database corresponding to the specified mysql resource.
    	 * @return false|string false on failure, version number on success
    	 */
    	function db_version() {
    		return preg_replace('/[^0-9.].*/', '', mysql_get_server_info( $this->dbh ));
    	}
    }

This shows up at the top of the page whenever I open my Forum's page, and only my forum's page.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this.

Thanks,
    Alex

2. steffenborup
    Posted 14 years ago #

I experienced this error. It turned out that it was because I had moved the WordPress installation to a new server without updating the bb-config.php with the new server information. The file is in the root of your installation.

3. aburi
    Posted 14 years ago #

@steffenborup can't thank you enough my friend. that is exactly what the problem was since media temple recently changed all its database passwords after there was a security breach.

I'll say it again as it is a big relief for someone like me not knowing how to fix errors like this that someone like you comes along and takes the time to respond to my post, so thank you.

no problems anymore.

About this Topic