The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Spam Karma 2 for WPMU (104 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I used to use both too, until recently when my ISP at home switched me from fixed IP to DHCP and I realized 95% of the IPs from his pool are listed in blacklists thus BB would not even allow me to log into my admin panel and I had to take out BB :-(

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Um, what does that tell you about your ISP? LOL

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

it tells me he has a freaking monopol in this area :-[ but there are no real alternatives to his 1024/256 lines for around 10€/month as I do not like the other offers aka. upto 256/256 (guaranteed 64) for 10€/month grrr...

(almost) all other ISPS are resellers so no real alternative

p.s. completely off topic question:

do you think one could modify the BB script to make an exception and not verify a certain IP address? or maybe a certain hostname? I could use dyndns for this? any clues/hints? I guess its not that hard...

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't know. I haven't thought to look into it.
    I mean, anything is possible. You just have to know what to add, and where to add it.

I'll tell ya though, from where I'm sitting at the moment, 256/256 looks pretty good. Oh well, price for living on a ranch in the country I guess.

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

@andrea

how to use your plugin? this autopurge thingy? do I have to use cron to call it once a day?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nope, drop it in and it does its business. it check itself to see if it already ran.

7. thornelawler
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can anyone confirm if this plugin works for vhost=no sites yet?
    I am limited to an SSL-only setup, and this isn't convenient to use with vhosts, but I really badly need a spam-blocking gadget.

SK seems to *partially* work with my non-vhosted site, but the admin menu keeps linking back to my root blog.

(My blog structure looks like:
    /blog - 'root' meta blog about the site
    /blog/uname - uname's blog)

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just noticed a strange behaviour ot sk2 for wpmu, you know when I have new comments that are aproved, I can see their karma value but if I browse back a few days or weeks later, the karma is replaced by a ? sign, so I tried marking one comment and sending it again through all plugins, and ended up with it in my spam folder where I had to manually recover it...

how long are comments supposed to keep their karma? I did not know they were supposed to lose it at all...

9. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Beats me. Mine seems to be operating nominally.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it? :D

10. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

as far as i remember, sk2 has a retroactive spanking feature, but i never saw a comment getting back to a ? status.

11. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

but thats exactly what happens to me:

after a certain amount of time, all comments get back to ? I have not verified this with spam comments, as I actually never see the old ones :-) theres so many of them and I am not sure how to verify after what amount of time the karma resets...

basically I have sk2 for wpmu running, added a sk2 plugin for akismet and a plugin for wp-cache ( that allows SK2 to notify wp-cache that there's a comment approved) and I have andreas plugin running that does the autoprune thing to get rid of those stupid log entries that tend to accumulate and the last change I made was to remove the daily digest plugin as I udnerstood it was useless anyway and just cluttering up the logfiles...

do you think any of these could be related to my problem? If we can call it a problem at all, as I do not care about comments losing their karma after they have been succesfully categorized...

12. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 17 years ago #

New version released, please continue discussion there...

Spam Karma 2 for WPMU rev810 and later

13. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 16 years ago #

UPDATE: This plugin was never GPL and wrongly released by me. Removed from wpmudev.org until further notice.

14. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Heh, looked like it was to me.
    Something about free to modify and redistribute.

If that's not the case, I would hope that Dr Dave was kind enough to discuss it with you, and will be working to incorporate MU compatibility.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by pumpkinslayer
  • Latest reply from lunabyte