The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

blogs in 2 languages (10 posts)

1. muratk
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is it possible to give the users the chance of creating blogs in 2 different languages?

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I presume you mean the backend?

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Actually I have a feeling they're talking about the front or blog side of things.

Not sure if this still works but it;s the first hit on a search:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multilingual-posts/

4. muratk
    Posted 14 years ago #

no. I mean an English user will create a blog in English and a german user will create a blog in German?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

6. muratk
    Posted 14 years ago #

@andrea_r

it's not what I'm asking for. I know how to translate a WordPress site.
    I want to know if I can give the option of MU users choosing and creating an English or German blog.

English users will see only English in their blogs and German users will see everything German in their blogs.

Is this possible?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Did you even read my post?

Because that's what I wrote about - exactly what you want, how to put in language files so users can then go choose what language they want their Wordpress admin & theme in.

Toss in the German language files instead of the Italian ones in my example.

I did list that you have to pick a default language. If you leave it as english, then German users can go to Settings -> General and there will be a Blog Language drop-down near the bottom.

Just like I said in my post.

8. muratk
    Posted 14 years ago #

of course I read your post. wasn't clear for me. may be I couldn't tell enough.

you explain how to change the language after creating the blog while using the default language.

I want to give the ability of choosing an English registration page and a German registration page. Is this possible? (If a user doesn't know English(or other main blog language), how supposed he can create a blog?)

9. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I believe the poster is asking about autodetecting the language setting from the browser when they arrive on the site and redirecting to a proper landing and signup page.

Before we make suggestions, muratk can you confirm that's what you;re asking about?

10. muratk
    Posted 14 years ago #

@tdjcbe

that will be great.

though I only wonder a choice to user for one of languges can be given or not while registering?

About this Topic