The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wrong Author Being Spidered (4 posts)

1. rsgrone
    Posted 13 years ago #

We are having an issue whereas, when Google News BOt comes in and crawls the site, the articles are getting picked up but, the articles area being associated to a user that no longer exists as an active user.

I have been all over the databasee I can only see the name appearing now int he wp-signups.

In the past Editors have had to do to much work on his articles and hence he was let go... How is this relationship between a non-existent user and and randomly speaking other members in the site?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

the articles area being associated to a user that no longer exists as an active user.

Got a link?

And who is listed as the author on the posts now?

3. rsgrone
    Posted 13 years ago #

Let me work you backwards on this if I may it will make more sense...

Here's the link to Google News... http://www.google.com/search?q=Journalists%20Celebrate%20Today%20as%20International%20Freedom%20of%20Speech%20Day&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbs=nws:1&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wn

If you click that it will bring you back to the news site with the actual authors name to it -- if that makes sense

Notice that the Author Listed on The Google NEws Site no longer is a member of the site and his profile has been deleted..

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

It's not an issue with mu, then.

It's an issue with Google News. Either they cache results, or they keep the original attribution.

Clearly, your site has a different author, yet their result says it was updated 6 hours ago, and they've kept the original author.

You will have to contact them.

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by rsgrone
  • Latest reply from andrea_r