The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

reauth loop after upgrade to 3.0 (10 posts)

1. xrun
    Posted 13 years ago #

Just upgraded one of my sites to WP 3.0, and when I try to login it keeps bringing me back to the login form with an URL ending with reauth=1.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Have you tried clearing all your cookies & your cache?

3. xrun
    Posted 13 years ago #

Yes, first thing I tried. I'm using FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari AND IE8 ;p, and this was not an issue in IE8, so I logged in there and finished the upgrade. Was ok after that.

I'm guessing it may have had something with the salt line in wp-config not being added yet, as well as the content/blogs.php in .htaccess, but I may be mistaken.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

I'm guessing it may have had something with the salt line in wp-config not being added yet,

yeah. that might do it.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 13 years ago #

I'm guessing it may have had something with the salt line in wp-config not being added yet

Probably. Usually not following all of the upgrade steps will cause an issue. :)

One thing to point out, in case anyone else reads this, is that you need to make sure the edits you make to wp-config.php have been saved. On some platforms like CPanel, those files created by the webserver are owned by the webserver. You may have to get your host to intervene and do the edit themselves or change the ownership of the file.

6. ccb23
    Posted 13 years ago #

I have the same problem. Works alright for 'main' Blog, but not for all other network blogs. I fixed .htaccess and added SALT (even regenerated from http://api.wordpress.org/secret-key/1.1/ ) and cleared (browser!?) cache. No Errormessage, but redirection to login screen with reauth=1. Weired!

Any ideas??

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 13 years ago #

As noted up above, did you check to see if the edits made to the .htaccess file were saved? Don;t assume that they were. Please actually check.

8. ccb23
    Posted 13 years ago #

yes all saved! I even disabled all (mu)plugins. One difference to sample config is the cfg line :

define('VHOST', 'yes');

but if I remove that I get error no DB connection.

9. ccb23
    Posted 13 years ago #

Ahhh! I just changed cfg to

define('VHOST', 'no');

and login works. But all new network blogs share same domain now :-(

10. ccb23
    Posted 13 years ago #

AHRG! But now I can't login to main Blog, all other network blogs work - strange!?

About this Topic