The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Image Upload error after site upgrade - Repost (2 posts)

1. mshao
    Posted 17 years ago #

Issue raised by "mshao":

I just completed upgrading my site to the 8-24 nightly build. It went smoothly. But when I test upload an image, I got following error:

The uploaded file could not be moved to .
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mshao/public_html/wp-admin/admin-functions.php:1931) in /public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1150

Thanks in advance.

Reply from "drmike":

You're geting the error because WPMU gave you the reason why there's an issue:

The uploaded file could not be moved to

It's kicking out the error before the headers and that messes up the page display.

Sounds like you don't have your file permissions set correctly for blogs.dir and it's subdirectories.

Reply from "mshao":

I agree with you. It failed on the line
    if ( false === @ move_uploaded_file($file['tmp_name'], $new_file) )

in the admin-fucntions.php. But I examed all the folder permissions for this blog including blogs.dir and wp-content. They all have 777 permission.

Strange!

Reply from "drmike":

Check the apache and WPMU error logs.

Reply from "mshao":

I got it.
    After the upgrade, although cPanel shows that blogs.dir and its sub-directories have 777 permission (inherits from old working copy with existence of wp-inst folder). Don't trust it. Re-assign 777 to all these folders again.

Hope it help others who have the same issue. Thank drmike and andrea_r for the help.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks. For some reason all i see if empty posts in that thread.

About this Topic