The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Illegal offset error when editing a blog options (9 posts)

1. samiro
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi all,
    I have a fresh installation of MU latest wpmu-2006-08-27!
    I am using sub-dir (no subdomain) everything went ok, (a part from this logout bug http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/125 that I can live with in while testing. what is really nagging is when I go to Site Admin >> blogs >> xuserblog and save options.. I get this error

Warning: Illegal offset type in/wpmu-inst/wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 203 and line 204

and header already sent by 203?
    I looked at the code and it comes from function set_role($role)

Any help or direction is apperciated.

Thanks

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

A quick search of that error here and at wordpress.org shows it may be a PHP version error. What version are you running?

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

edit: Hmmm, I get it as well.

4. matrixmonkey
    Posted 17 years ago #

i jsut got that also . but i was updating the blog by email things to my server

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

A quick Google search pulls up this page where it states that:

"You cannot use arrays or objects as keys. Doing so will result in a warning: Illegal offset type."

Don't know if this is the case here. Gotta admit that I get lost quite often when I look at the way they code.

The edit I did made though was saved. Lines 203 deal with user level settings.

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I noticed this in the Trac and wonder if this would fix the issue.

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Looks like it does. No more issue. :)

8. samiro
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, it seems to solve the problem! thanks a lot. Are these patches being included in the nightly builds! how often? cos I made an assumption that the latest nightly build includes the latest patches from tracked and closed bugs, but it isn't.

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Are these patches being included in the nightly builds!

Afraid not. Donncha appears to be running a few days behind on these types of tickets. I did reopen the ticket yesterday which Donncha had closed (I'm thinking he didn't understand what that long list of greps were there for and that threw him off. I found the code right off myself.) previously.

I don't have SVN access (and I don't want it. I'd hate to muck everybody up with one of my errors. My codeing is pretty bad.) to get it in there myself.

About this Topic