The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Anyone else do the upgrade to r729? (8 posts)

1. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just wondering if all those changes from get_setting and get_settings into get_option is going to affect themes since I noted that we're changing functions within the default and classic themes as well.

Anyone else concerned?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Without being there and without looking or digging further - uh yeah. I'm concerned. Someone 'splain please.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Take a look at r729 ang how it changes the functions from get_setting and get_settings to get_options. I'm not worried about the changes within the code but it also makes the changes with the two standard themes as well.

Wouldn't we also have to make those changes within the themes as well?

4. Misera
    Posted 17 years ago #

:p I was hoping someone tried the upgrade already and would report the results. I haven't tried it yet but mainly because of the massive amount of changed files.. I'm dreading doing either copying + paste or saving files and uploading them all.. then figuring out all my past changes ><.

5. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

i suppose a backward compatible function will be done, something like:

function get_settings() {
    get_options();
    }

this is a REALLY simple trick to fool the old themes one the official is released.

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I did the upgrade anyway and I don't see any reports of errors in my support forum but I have so few regular bloggers...

7. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

i've upgraded myself too, and upgraded the themes.. it worth it.. :)

anyway, template files are not that numerous, so it's not a problem, even with 10 themes... just need to have a search/replace function in your file editor!

8. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Haven't touched the themes yet. Got a file editor on this PC that supports search and replace but have no method of doing this on my site. Don't have SSH access on this box since it's not one of mine.

About this Topic