The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Upgrade Tab / Buy Credits (9 posts)

1. mufasa
    Posted 17 years ago #

In WordPress.com there is an Upgrades tab. Here you can buy credits to unlock certain things - such as the Edit CSS tab which is locked by default.

I would like to see this tab in our WPMU site. Does anybody have this plugin / code?

2. stutley
    Posted 17 years ago #

To my knowledge, it has not been released as a plugin. I haven't really looked at it, but I imagine it would require some rather heavy modifications to the database as well as the backend coding of WPMU. It would also require some integration with a payment system.

I'm planning on offering users more space for a small fee. But only because payment could exist outside the structure of WPMU and because space for individual blogs is easily managed.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I wonder if we can get mufasa to code this page. :)

4. tsukaeru
    Posted 16 years ago #

If this doesn't already exist, I think I will write one..

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

there are several plugins that could allow css editing, maybe you should look at those before starting from scratch?

6. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

thre is one premium plugin at premium.wpmudev.org that works kinda like you describe, you have to make your own plugins altough.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

That premium plugin comes with two options - more space, and ad-free. Once you look that over, it's easy enough to add more.

of course, a good CSS editor for users hasn't been written yet that I know of. :)

8. PBO
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any news on this feature? Edublogs has this one

9. andrewbillits
    Posted 15 years ago #

The plugin in use on Edublogs is the same plugin Bloggproffs and andrea_r mentioned.

Thanks,
    Andrew

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by mufasa
  • Latest reply from andrewbillits