The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

htaccess problem (1 post)

1. mikeh30276
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm running Apache/2.0.50(Win32) PHP/5.1.6 and MySQL 5.0 on Windows Server 2003.

I went through the Wordpress MU installation and it appeared to work except for a message telling me that there were two fields in a database table that didn't allow null values.

I found a work around in the Wordpress forum that directed me to run the MySQL server instance config again and enable Srict Mode. I then deleted the tables from my WordPress database and attempted the install again. Now I can't even browse to any of the install files. Any file that I attempt to browse to results in a "Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server" error.

I never changed any of the config files so I'm perplexed as to what reconfiguring the MySQL stuff had to do with the Apache server config.

When I look in the Apache error log, I see this message: "[Wed Nov 01 09:08:59 2006] [crit] [client 10.1.4.128] (OS 123)The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. : C:/c:/wpmu/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable"

I don't know what's causing the duplicate C:/C:.

When I go to check the .htaccess file, I only see a htaccess.dist file.

Any ideas on where to start?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by mikeh30276