The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Uploaded images deleted (51 posts)

1. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just noticed in the changelog that this ticket was indeed fixed yesterday. The affected file is wp-admin/admin-db.php

2. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

woohoo finally :)

This one had me worried.

3. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

has anyone else had images deleted on another blog than the admin blog ? I'm quite positive the issue i've been seeing isn't linked to this problem.

4. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

andrea_r did the 1.1 archive get the fix or is it in trac do you know ?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

it's in trac and though I haven't checked, I would think the very latest release has it in it too, as they are that close together.

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

having upgraded with the package called upgrade from 1.0 to 1.1 from here: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3200&replies=9#post-19502
    do you think this issue is solved? can I safely delete some of the splogs I have acumulated while waiting for this to being fixed?

how can I check if this fix is included in my release?

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You would probably have to grab a nightly instead of the 1.1 release to see the fix. I believe that the 1.1 was before the 24th of january.

8. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

the file on trac indicates that it was updated two weeks ago. I'm presuming we want the one from the trunk then and not the 1.1 admin-db.php file?

9. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I downloaded the one from the trunk, updated 2 weeks ago, then deleted my spam blogs and the spam users and nothing bad happened :-)

10. sethp
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi, I just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2.1 and deleting a blog still caused this problem. It deleted the files under a different user's folder in blogs.dir.

What is the fix and where can I see the files? Is there a CVS repository somewhere I can connect to? Where are the nightly daily builds? All I see is a download link and apparently this problem wasn't fixed in 1.2.1.

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org

The delete issue was fixed before the release of 1.2.1 though.

12. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

did this make it into the release. it doesnt look like it.

13. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

So, is 1.2.1 in need of a fix for this straight off the bat?

14. mysorehead
    Posted 17 years ago #

I think the change suggested in ticket 271 causes this problem, the constant('UPLOADS') seems not to be right - not sure what other issues this may cause. By changing the line in admin.php

back from

$dir = constant( "ABSPATH" ) . constant( "UPLOADS" );

to

$dir = constant( "ABSPATH" ) . "wp-content/blogs.dir/" . $blog_id ."/files/";

will fix the delete issue.

Richard

15. mysorehead
    Posted 17 years ago #

Whoops I didn't read the whole thread, this has been pointed out before. Sorry.

I don't know how to submit a patch - I should learn - but someone should.

16. mysorehead
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok. I found the ticket - 224 - reopened it and uploaded the patch. Not sure if this is the correct procedure (someone please correct me) but I thought it'd give it a go. Hopefully the code will appear.

Richard

17. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yup, looks good. I noticed this recently after I last posted:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=4028

Hopefully Donncha will jump on this. :)

18. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

you know, i'm always confused on whether i should patch it myself - before Donncha has a chance to look at it and maybe modify the fix further - or just wait. i'm not doing the nightly build thing as i'm not quite comfortable with the whole SVN thing.

an ideas?

19. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I patch. I mark the file with a comment that it's patched to keep stuff straight. I'm also updating from trac every few days via copy and pastes though.

20. mysorehead
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike,

I know this is continuing off topic but...

The other day in the dicussion about restricting plugins I had a look at the code (wp-settings.php, I think) and it seems to me that if the plugin path was defined further down then in could be defined by a mu-plugin which would allow greater control. Looking at the code it didn't seem to me that this would affect anything else as it is not used until after the proposed line.

Do I submit this type of idea as a patch on the trac? With a suggestion as an enhancement? After testing myself of course.

Richard

21. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

You can. It's really up to Donncha actually.

About this Topic