The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Mu Plugin Manger, CRON (7 posts)

1. imagenow
    Posted 17 years ago #

MU Plugin Manager is very usefull, I was asking myself if it's possible, in any way, to make it as a CRON action so that it checks and activates all the plugins to EVERY users that, for lack of knowledge, have deactivated an important addon like an antispam...

Is there a way?

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

even better, is there a way to make its settings permanent? Like disable a plugin permanently for all blogs, to protect certain dangerous plugins from being used by anyone?

3. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

put them in mu-plugins.

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

@mrjcleaver

it seems either me or you got the function of this plugin completely wrong,

what I did is this: put the plugin manager into mu-plugins.

what the plugin does for me: I can deactivate a certain plugin on all blogs, but that does not stop the admin of a certain blog to manually activate that plugin again ,does it?

what I am looking for is some sort of method to stop certain plugins from being available to everybody...

5. imagenow
    Posted 17 years ago #

...or better activated by default for everyone, because not all the plugins work in mu-plugins folder.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Getting it to work in hte mu-plugins woudl make it activated by default for everyone. So it's an either/or in terms of work to be done.

"Like disable a plugin permanently for all blogs, to protect certain dangerous plugins from being used by anyone?"

If you've got a plugin like that, then why on earth is it still on the server? If it's one that just the admin uses, then you coudl deactivate the admin menu (if there is one) or set to show to site admin only. If it's a plugin that admin uses (like run php) then you might want to find another way around that, rather than a user trying to post code and finding out it runs. :-/

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

well, I understand that I will put plugins I consider should always be automatically active into mu-plugins and optional plugins I want people to be able to use if tehy want to into plugins folder.

there are 2-3 plugins I need for my blog and do not want available to others like: the phpmyadmin plugin which i use right now while still setting up the main blog (will later disappear) or maybe the king text widget which is really great but can execute php code in the sidebar, so I would want to restrict that one...

About this Topic