The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Deleting Blog (16 posts)

1. pritamdutt
    Posted 18 years ago #

While deleting blog I have encountered error in dropping tables.
    I am currently running wpmu-2005-09-05 build.

Fix: edit line no. 26 of wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php
    and replace _POST['id'] with _GET['id']

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

Thanks, I've fixed that with a more local fix (set $id closer to where it's used)

3. blogcity
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm having a problem deleting a blog, after it has been successfully created and fully functional. If I go into Manage >> Blogs as Site Admin and delete the blog, I get the following error:

WordPress database error: [Table 'blogcity_mu.wp_6_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_6_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_6_user_roles' LIMIT 1

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/blogcity/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php:135) in /home/blogcity/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 334

Any ideas? The weirdest is that it disappears from the list of blogs but:

If you try create a blog with the same name, it says it exists.

4. blogcity
    Posted 17 years ago #

*bump*

anybody have any idea why this is happening?

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Do the tables exist? I ahven't seen the issue and I'm having blogs being deleted. I can do a test later on.

6. blogcity
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike, if the user creates a blog, it's perfectly successful. If the user goes and deletes it, or even me as admin, it gives that error after confirming that I want to delete the blog.

So even if you've just created the blog and delete it instantly after it's created/running, it gives that error. Verified or not verified.

addition: if a blog has posts on it, and you delete it, it does not even remove the posts from the "latest activity >> incoming links" in the main admin panel, it still shows the posts there.

man this is killing me.

7. jolaus
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have a similar problem.

When admin tries to delete users and blogs from the backend everything seems to go perfect. Well, after deleting a blog the page doesn't redirect back to the blog list correctly but after refreshing the browser, the blog is out of list. So it seems that both (blogs and users) are deleted definitely from the list.

But when a deleted user tries to get another blog he gets a warning messages telling him that this user already exists. With a diferent username but the same blog URL or site title it happens the same. So I don`t know what's happening.

And as blocgcity says "if a blog has posts on it, and you delete it, it does not even remove the posts from the "latest activity >> incoming links" in the main admin panel, it still shows the posts there.". Same happen to me.

8. blogcity
    Posted 17 years ago #

jolaus, nice to know I'm not the only one with this exact problem but as you have described it is exactly the same problem that I'm having. Let's hope that someone can help with this!

9. blogcity
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd really hate to be a pain, but can anybody assist myself and jolaus? It's preventing users from signing up and causing some problems :(

10. gmax21
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well from what I can see, is that this issue arises because even though those users and their blogs have been deleted they are still present in the database, in tables: wp_signups to be specific, not checked other tables though.

Other than removing the users from the database manually I'm not sure what else to advice, I'd love to see this fixed though as it's a royal pain.

I suppose a simple script could be made to check these DB tables and remove users, but the better solution would of course be a fix in the core itself, thus saving messing about.

as a side note, I'd also like to see the option for admin to search and delete inactive users/blogs as it seems to kinda relate to the above issue, ie when they are deleted, they simply seem to become unactivated, or so it would appear.

11. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Need to add it in trac, then.

12. gmax21
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi Lunabyte,

I'm fairly new to WP, I'm kinda a convert from a CMS, I'm presuming Trac is some kinda bug reporter/tracker, source forge type thing.

Thanks Lunabyte, I'll filgure it out.

13. gmax21
    Posted 16 years ago #

ok I'm stumped lol, found the trac website, but login brings up a .htaccess type page, and I can't see anywhere to register, lol

Perhaps a pointer please?

14. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Should be a register link in the top right, at http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/

15. gmax21
    Posted 16 years ago #

ahhh Dr Mike pointed out I didn't need to register for this, as the same login details as the forums here are used over there too, which is cool.

Thanks once again.

16. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Good point, and the Doc's right. Just log in with your username from here.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by pritamdutt
  • Latest reply from lunabyte