The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Key Master email for all blog creations? (8 posts)

1. Trent
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is there something I can do to have all blog creations have a notification email to the key master?

Trent

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Should be doing that already. IIRC, there's an option inder the SiteAdmin menu under the options tab.

3. Trent
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't see any option other than 'Site Admin Email' where 'emails will come from this address....'. I can create a new user and a new blog and nothing is coming....hmm

Trent

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm not getting them either, only on manual creation of a blog.

So yeah, I'd say it was a wee bug of some sort. DrMike, remember a while ago you had to edit your files to do this? Maybe you're still seeing those resuls.

5. Trent
    Posted 17 years ago #

If you have a fix for this, I would love to know what it is because that way I have a clue without having to keep looking in the admin! (I'm on road lots)

Thanks,

Trent

6. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yep, I'm not getting them either (except when admin creates an account) - a fix would make me go all gooey :)

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Okay, I tracked down what file it was in. wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php. Somewhere around line 138 it sends an email on blog creation.

It was fixed back on 7/17/06, but who knows if something got dinged in between. I updated that file on my install and we'll see how it goes.

8. Trent
    Posted 17 years ago #

Looking forward to the results! Thanks andrea

Trent

About this Topic