The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

different groups / features (9 posts)

1. PerS
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just wondered, how do you differentiate between groups? Say, if you'd like to give some of your bloggers some feature s that the others don't get (like higher quota, top domain), how do you do that ?

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, higher quote is easy. There's a plugin that allows the siteadmin to set space per blog. I believe it's available from wpmudev.org.

Top domain is harder. I don't think anyone has figured that out yet. Do a search for domain mapping and see thte many threads on teh subject.

hope this helps,
    -drmike

3. PerS
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike, what I'm looking for is how to differentiate between groups, not how to add quota / top domain :)

What I'd really like is; when someone signs up, she's added to a default group. Later she can be added to another group that gives her for instance a hight quota.

4. selad
    Posted 17 years ago #

Maybe this ca be implemented via roles.

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

what he is looking for I guess is the mechanism how severall wpmu sites have implemented their "paid services" meaning: you pay you get more stuff, plugins, space whatsoever.

6. PerS
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ovidiu, yes you are correct. How are you handling this ?

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't :-( I am still looking how to solve this. But if you have a look around, tehre are seevrall "big" blog services that do offer this. You best chance would be if someone was willing to share his experience with this. I want it too, btw. ;-)

8. SinusCom
    Posted 16 years ago #

There isn't a plugin to do this.

9. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not really. But, there is one on the way in the next week or so.

About this Topic