The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wugga.com - free blogs for anyone (13 posts)

1. wugga
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've just installed the latest snapshot of wpmu and am looking for bloggers. Come check it out and give your feedback. This is just what I have been looking for. Nothing else even comes close.

Share your blog with the wugga at: http://www.wugga.com

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

uh, how did you get those stats? Was I sleeping or something when they were added?

3. wugga
    Posted 18 years ago #

I rewrote the /home/sidebar.php using some of the wpmu-functions. It took a while to find it though. I'm just starting to get familiar with the code and hope to be making some other changes in the future.

Trying to figure out the invites now.

4. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Care to share?

I'm a bit pressed for time right now so can't dig in the code myself but that would make a nice feature for my site. :)

5. wugga
    Posted 18 years ago #

Sure. I just modified the sidebar.php file. you can grab the code snippet at

http://www.wugga.com/txt/show_stats.txt

I'll be adding more stats, latest, updated, etc. in the next day or so and will pass them along as I get them working.

6. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey Wugga... if you can chuck me some code for showing latest updated I'll be yer friend forever :oD

7. redwolf
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'd love to check your code out, wugga, but the link is broken :-(

8. wugga
    Posted 18 years ago #

The server is experiencing technical difficulties. I think the fans are clogged from me pulling my hair out. Here's the code snippet. The forums clobber the formating so watch for spacing and stuff if you cut and paste.

The site and links will be back soon.
    //
    // added to the wp-inst/wp-content/themes/home/side.php
    // also used in other theme sidebar.php files OK
    //

9. <?php
    print "<h2>Wugga Stats</h2>";
    $stats = get_sitestats();
    print "Wugga has ".$stats[ 'blogs' ]." blogs and ".$stats[ 'users' ]." users
    ";
    print "<table>";
    $blogs = get_blog_list();

$most_active = get_most_active_blogs( 10, false );
    if( is_array( $most_active ) ) {
    print "Most Active";
    print "<tr><th scope='col'>Address</th><th scope='col'>Posts</th></tr>";
    while( list( $key, $details ) = each( $most_active ) ) {
    $class = ('alternate' == $class) ? '' : 'alternate';
    $url = "http://" . $details[ 'domain' ] . $details[ 'path' ];
    print "<tr class='$class'><td>$url</td><td>"
    . $details['postcount'] . "</td></tr>";
    }
    }
    print "</table>";
    ?>

10. //
    //

• jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Thanks for the code snippet! Just added a version of it at http://911blogs.com

• wugga
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've added some new features including enhanced user profiles. Check it out at Kevin's Blog and let me know what you think. I'll be adding more later, but this is a start.

• ergate
    Posted 18 years ago #

Wugga:
    If you dont mind, what is the code you used for your "recent activity" on your homepage? It looks similar to the feed display in the Admin page.

• wugga
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm using the get_last_updated() function and posting it as <li>'s along with some css borrowed from the dashboard page as you noticed.

• nodblogcom
    Posted 16 years ago #

hm, your website looks good, many customizations. I allso have started a similar blog, so yeah, this is a spam post :D. i've written for mine 2 sidebar widgets, Recent Blogs and Most Active Blogs. You can create an account and check them out, or just look at the main page. PM me here or the NodBolg.com administrators if you want instructions on how to implement them.

• About this Topic