The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Gracefull Fail error on uploading SWF (3 posts)

1. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Whenever I upload an swf file and send it to the editor, clicking on it results in getting this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: graceful_fail() in /home/....../public_html/wp-content/blogs.php on line 85

I've got the anarchy media player plugin installed, but that shouldn't be causing an issue should it?

I've also made sure swf filetype was added to the list of acceptable files. And I know that it gets uploaded because I can see the file on my ftp server in the correct directory.

Any Takers?

2. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

EDIT: I was able to resolve this problem by removing "swf" form the list of files to "never" allow when serving up files in the blogs.php file.

Any clue why swf's where originally included in the list? I didn't know they were a potential security risk.

3. zaphraud
    Posted 16 years ago #

Please see my article in 2600 magazine for an explanation of why SWF embeds could be a security risk, as they allow for the unrestricted execution of javascript as if it were on the same domain name (cross site scripting) even when it is not.

To mitigate this risk one need simply make sure that script access is always kept disabled.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by suleiman
  • Latest reply from zaphraud