The MU forums have moved to

wp-signup.php on line 392 , Cannot modify header information (10 posts)

1. tohave
    Posted 8 years ago #

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/public_html/wp-content/themes/default/header.php:5) in /home/public_html/wp-signup.php on line 392

I searched but nothing found. This is strange cause MU was working (not as I wanted but..) till this happend. There is no space at the beginig or at the end of either header or sign-up files, files are not modified since last stable setup. Any suggestion welcome

2. tohave
    Posted 8 years ago #

Please any one can help? My site is down !

3. nexia
    Posted 8 years ago #

there is no default php line in header.php, and there is no line 392 in wp-signup, so someone played with the files...

deactivate all your plugins and try again...

4. tohave
    Posted 8 years ago #

Hi Nexia,

Line 392 is exist on mine and is this line:

header( "Location: http://{$current_site->domain} {$current_site->path}" );
    I have to add that I did translate the words but it was working before.

I also disabled the plugins as you said, but problem is remaining.
    Please could you thin of other possibilities?

5. coolrasta
    Posted 8 years ago #

I am facing the exact same issue ... Like tohave I checked everything as explained in other threads ...But still get the error message ... Think it has sometthing to do with rewrite rules maybe ...
    Follow up

6. tohave
    Posted 8 years ago #

It seems to me that I should remove MU and do what ever I like. Like fisshing or skying... joking

Still problem is there. I tried to reinstall the MU but there was a question: will I loose all setting and blogs that I got already?

7. corourke
    Posted 8 years ago #

Did you contact your host? Check files again (including reuploading the entire site).

If that doesn't work try this:

1. backup your database.
    2. Delete your database and all blogs.
    3. Reinstall wpmu
    4. Import your database backup.

If it still doesn't work post here again.

8. scole
    Posted 8 years ago #

This problem is a simple one, but may be hard to locate.

The problem is that somewhere before the header was called there's a blank line. The script is seeing this blank line and stating that the header was already sent.

To fix, what you need to do is find the blank line. :)

I recommend looking at the code and find out what is before the header(...). You are looking for a blank line that is not within php code.

For example...

{html code}

<?php ... code ...

In between the html code and the <?php is a blank line. This has to be removed.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,
    S. Cole

(p.s. I had the same problem with my wordpress install too)

9. scole
    Posted 8 years ago #

Also... The space may not be in the same file but in another file that is called before the header(...) is ran.

S. Cole

10. tohave
    Posted 8 years ago #

Hi all,

I just ruined the entire site, databases and all weblogs.

I have no problem to solve now. and going to start a fresh installation.

I was thinking if the backup utility affects the files or not? I had some script chanded after backing up the site.

About this Topic