The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

my blog to be visible only to users I choose (7 posts)

1. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have trySetup Private Blog on Wordpress MU ?

I realise that everyone can register to access the blog, but I try find out way how to filter new register blogger to access my blog.

how to edit the core file "options-privacy.php" function same as blogger @ wordpress.com "my blog to be visible only to users I choose". can someone giv me instruction?
    thankyou.

or add-on other plugins? but i like simple way to blog :)

P/S: so far my blog setup private blog function is work.

2. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

3. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

dsader, ac_authenticator.php will auto protect all blogs by default, but anyone can register as a new blogger to visit the protected blog.

I think options-privacy.php can be improve for blogger to choose visitor.

look for more solution, thankyou.

4. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

conpeo,

I didn't know ac_authenticator.php(and private_blog.php) allowed visitors to see every blog after logging into any blog. Good to know.

I, too, would like a solution.

5. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

Try this instead of ac_authenticator.php: Users must be subscribers to even see the blog...even while they are logged into another blog.

function registered_subscribers_only() {
    // Checks if a user is logged in, if not redirects them to the login page
    if (!current_user_can('level_0'))
    { nocache_headers();
    header("HTTP/1.1 302 Moved Temporarily");
    header('Location: ' . get_settings('siteurl') . '/wp-login.php');
    header("Status: 302 Moved Temporarily");
    exit();
    }
    }
    add_action('template_redirect', 'registered_subscribers_only');

6. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

Bingo!

I got it. so clever dsader, you use userlevel to detect whether visitor is blog subscriber. if not, visitor will redirect to their own dashboard login page. is a good idea!

but I want to solve the userblog url force with trailing / slash. otherwise add-remove visitor still can visit the protected blog. (I'm not sure wp-cache or server provider problems) drive me crazy, even I clear all browser cache file, blog siteurl will show different result between slash and without slash.

after this, I want try to customize interface of Privacy Options, let user can direct add visitor on there for convenience no need to /wp-admin/user page to add visitor.

I hope wpmudev.org will provide plugin to add visitor. (function work same as Privacy Options of wordpress.com)

7. conpeo
    Posted 17 years ago #

neglect my meals and sleep, I just realise that visitor not added in userpanel also can visit the protected blog after login. I confuse the blog subscriber or coding privacy file wrongly? er...

I digging old post for more help, refer this link.
    Making WordPreesMU blogs truely private- ovgray's post

About this Topic