The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

404 Error when clicking the Blogroll link (4 posts)

1. agapecatholic
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi, I'm getting a 404 error when I click on the blogroll link. The blogroll is populated with several links but none of them show up when the blogroll link is clicked.

Anyone have an idea about this?

Thanks,

Jason

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

For some reason, it's not pulling the links. You're right, there is something in that category (by default), but they're bookmarks (links) and not posts.

So I'm guessing that get_cats is seeing that something is there, but when the category is displayed it's trying to pull only posts, for which there aren't any. This is why it would produce a 404. Just like when you display empty cats, if there isn't any posts in that cat you get a 404.

I haven't looked at the trac lately, and I can't remember if this was mentioned/resolved. It doesn't ring a bell though.

Try putting a post in that category, and double check it no longer produces a 404.

3. agapecatholic
    Posted 17 years ago #

I had to delete the installation and re install for it to work correctly. After the fact I suspect it was a template issue so I am no longer using that template and all is well. The template was Blix.

Thanks,

Jason

4. colorcode
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm having the same problem on any template I use, and I have unistalled and re-installed. They work properly if I right click to open in a new window, but when I click direcly, the URL it tries to go to is not the same as where it should be going. Anyone know how to fix this?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by agapecatholic
  • Latest reply from colorcode