The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

viewing uploaded pics (32 posts)

1. vCarey
    Posted 18 years ago #

Renaming to blogs.php doesn't work for me. I get an "internal server error" afterwards.
    This is what I have in .htaccess:
    RewriteRule ^files/(.*) /wp-inst/wp-content/blogs/files/$1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+)/files/(.*) wp-inst/wp-content/blogs/$1/files/$2 [L]
    RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+)/wp-content/blogs/(.*)/files/(.*) /wp-inst/wp-content/blogs/$1/files/$3 [L]

I use to not have the first Rewrite. It doesn't matter if I put it in, use it alone, or all the above, nothing seems to fix the problem.

2. adangvu1972
    Posted 17 years ago #

Reading through all the forums that have to do with image uploads and getting bits of information from each one, plus learning a little PHP on my spare time, is this correct to assume that if I wanted to change how files (image or whatever types) are uploaded, I would need to change the RewriteRule in the .htaccess file that is located in my wordpressmu folder? For example, I know that the upload path is /wp-content/blogs/(.*)/files/(.*)

If I wanted to change the path to something else, like wp/content/blogs/user_url(.*)/files/images/(.*)

or would I need to change it somewhere else? I've looked in so many forum post that they all are looking the same at this point.

Is there also another place I would need to look to change this function as well? like in the upload.php and upload-functions.php

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by comforteaglespaceman
  • Latest reply from adangvu1972