The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

latest.tar.gz (40 posts)

1. soladon
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

This is my situation:
    I am now using the 26th unstable version. I try running the script and the first two pages look like they have no problem. However after writing the blog title and email and submitting the info the third page has the following error message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/wpmu/wp-inst/wp-includes/functions.php on line 314

With the previous unstable versions it also had errors about tables of the database.
    Then if I try to run the script like everything is fine I get the message:"No Blog by that name on this system."

Thank you.

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

Looks like a problem with the options table - install phpmyadmin and look at wp_1_options - has it been populated?
    I've added yet more debug info to the wp-settings.php and updated the unstable release so that might help you track down the error.
    What kind of host is this being installed on? Do you have full control or is it a hosting package at some site? Does anything show up in the error log?

3. kimonostereo
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi Donncha,

I did what you asked and performed all the checks about the .htaccess file being writable and it all checks out. WPMU still says mod_rewrite is turned off though.

I'll try downloading the new bleeding edge build and see how that goes.

4. kimonostereo
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Nope, it still tells me that mod_rewrite isn't installed. It allows me to go through and set up the database and try to set up a blog but then gives me the same error that soladon has.

hmm. I know mod)rewrite is on because im using it with MovableType as well as the standard issue WP. Any other suggestions?

5. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

kimonostereo - does your mysql user have create access to the database? the user must create database tables but for security reasons the user used doesn't..
    What size is the .htaccess file? Is it zero bytes?

6. kimonostereo
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi,
    Yes my user has the create database ability. The .htaccess file is 9650 bytes.

Hope that helps.

7. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

kim - send the .htaccess file to me at donncha @ linux.ie - if it exists, and mod_rewrite is enabled then there's no way that mod_rewrite shouldn't work! It's impossible! *boggle*

8. kimonostereo
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

ok i sent it!

9. soladon
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I am trying to run wpmu on a paid server(Apache/PHP4.3.2/MySQL) but I also test at my own server. However, they do let me create tables etc. I can create,read files, I know because I'v installed a testing portal amd also tested that scripts at the previous page.
    Also I get the same error on my server. (At the httpd.conf file of apache mod_rewrite seems to be enabled).

As for the table wp_1_options it has all the info that I entered plus some default, it looks ok. I did not see any new error messages at the 27th version.

My .htaccess file at the first folder(where wp-inst folder is) is 9,506 Kb , if there is something wrong whith the file of kimonostereo maybe it is similar to mine(if there is a problem whith it).
    Thank you

10. kimonostereo
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

donncha, did you get a chance to look at my .htaccess file?

thanks!

About this Topic

• Started 2025 years ago by plaverty
  • Latest reply from kimonostereo