The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New blog.php (5 posts)

1. MadameX
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

This may be a tall order, but here goes.

I'm using the 'connections' theme with my wpmu blog and managed to get the link to the page to sign up for a blog.

My question is how do I get it to use the connections theme? It's just a white page with everything to the left.

I know I might be asking a lot, but I don't quite know enough php to get this to work with this theme.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. rocksolid
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Click "Presentation" tab and select the theme you want to show. Make sure under Site Admin - Themes you have the theme enabled. It should show up then :)

3. jaseone
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Does connections use index.php, header.php, sidebar.php and footer.php? I had a problem with Blue curve as it had the sidebar embedded in the header so moving that out to sidebar.php and adding a get_sidebar() in it's place sorted it out.

4. rocksolid
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

yes, connections has those files as well as more. Check your themes/connections folder for the specific files.

5. MadameX
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I've already got the theme selected and it works fine, just that one page that calls the new blog. I simply added the bit of code from the default home theme to the main page of the connections theme. I had already figured out you had to also enable the theme in the Site Admin :). But thanks for answering, rocksolid....and so quick too!

jaseone....yes, they are there, but I'll have to check on them to see if it's like that. Actually, what I'd like to know is how to edit the newblog.php to look like the connections theme. I'm wondering if I need to make a seperate page for connections, but then I'd probably have to make another php, like the one called by newblog.php, too, ie: wp-newblog.inc.php

I'm probably making this more complicated than it should be.

And thanks for being kind enough to answer my question!

About this Topic