The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Nightly or V1.0 ? (5 posts)

1. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

OK this is one of those simple questions that i guess could get complicated.

I have 1.0 stable on but am finding quite a few bugs that are being discussed and addressed in trac.

Now, should i be looking at nightly builds to address these or patching manually my 1.0 ? Which would be the better solution ?

2. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

err are those really critical that you can't wait a release ? I run on a stable from march and nothing major ever happens. Maybe there are some little annoyances here and there, but nothing that would prevent me from waiting for a release (heck I didn't migrate yet to 1.0 lol).

3. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nothing i have found has yet been a show stopper but i just wondered, from a bug squashing exercise, if nightly would be better or not ?

I also see a new cropping.js in the nightly, and wondered if this has anything to do with custom headers ? Curious minds you see :)

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

My experience with nightlies are, unless you are just patching in affected files, they can create as many bugs as they fix.

I have patchy code in production, but locally I have a nightly, just to keep up.

"I also see a new cropping.js in the nightly, and wondered if this has anything to do with custom headers ?"

Probably not. Custom headers would be theme-dependant, and unless one of the default themes gets jazzed up, or the default *gasp* changes, you're not likely to see it.

Search for a theme with customizable headers instead.

5. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks Andrea. I think i'll stick with patching when the needs arise. The code, for the most part, seems very stable.

About this Topic