The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

1. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just as a humble recommendation for consideration, it would be nice to have a box in the Site Admin settings to set a default post title which would be used when users forget or neglect to add in a title for their post.

Whether someone sets it to "Untitled Post", or get sarcastic with "I forgot my post title", or whatever.

Sure would help out overall on a network, and make it easier on people visiting a site.

OK, all done. I'm off to hack this into my site. :D

2. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Add another plugin to the list.

(Not like it's difficult though.)

I'll drop some links to this one, and to the menu one later this afternoon. ;)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh, this would be good as it also meses up navigation and such (previous/next links for example).

4. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

And a link to the post as well, and links in feeds, and all kinds of stuff.

It would "be nice" to be able to check a post status before filtering the title (HINT HINT), but since the title filter is called before the status filter it's going to add the default title even if it's a draft.

Better than blanks though.

5. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oooo... what would be "sweet" would be flat out disabling the submit button(s) if the title was empty. But that would probably require hacking the postbox.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmmm. I just noticed in the feed that posts with no title are labeled with "untitled". (Actually, I knew that before, but just remembered/double-checked.)

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Only with the sitewide feed. ;)

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh, go ahead - burst my bubble. :)

9. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I figured the lightning down there would have done that already.

:D

Can't you do some sort of anti-rain dance, or send it all up here to Oklahoma?
    We've got testing in Daytona, you know, and rain isn't helping. :D

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Wrong direction. :) We had freaky lightning, then yesterday got dumped with snow. (NE Canada is where I at. Any further east and I'll be in the Atlantic.)

11. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd have sworn you said Florida at one point in time.

Snow melts, so I'd take it either way. ;)

12. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well, here it goes. I'll add this as a new post as well, so that people can find it easier.

Default Post Title Plugin

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by lunabyte
  • Latest reply from lunabyte