The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Journal Blue (22 posts)

1. eminemjamesuk
    Posted 17 years ago #

http://www.journalblue.com

While it's still a work in progress, the blogging aspect of things has been setup, fine tuned, and is ready to roll.

Journal Blue is a blog host with something more in its sleeves. We're using WordPress as a platform to create a more personal social network.

We're working to integrate existing services such as Google Maps, Flickr, YouTube, etc. to connect different users on those grounds as well. You will soon be able to find friends who live near you with Google Maps, find posts from people who live in your vicinity, and more.

But that's all to come. But for starters, we've laid down the foundation for all of this with square one: Blogging

We're 100% ad-free (unless you want to put your own AdSense ads in it) and free (in terms of price of course).

If you have any constructive criticisms, feel free to tell me! Without it, I won't be able to improve on existing features.

Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoy Journal Blue!

http://www.journalblue.com

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok, I signed up for a blog, I was just curious.

found 1 thing I think is dangerous: you give users access to the database backup plugin, it looks like they can backup the whole database, thus gaining access to all blogs data, right?

how did you manage to do this friends/messaging stuff? is that plugin/hack available?

it looks like you also have themes without widget support?

where can I get the quicksms widget?

thats all so far :-) I just deleted my blog after checking it out, not wanting to waste your blog/space/whatever

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

and I forgot to ask how you modified the stylesheet.php plugin so that it acceses the user css in his blog.dir ?

4. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

Fatal error: Class 'wpStats' not found in /..../..../.../wp-content/themes/emire-10/header.php on line 21

5. eminemjamesuk
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry about that. It's fixed now!

6. eminemjamesuk
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry I have no idea, Ovidiu. I'm not the technical person in charge. I know the SMS is a widget I found on the Wordpress Widget blog.

7. eminemjamesuk
    Posted 17 years ago #

What do you think about the new network features on the default theme (the theme you get when you signup)?

8. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

wow - I haven't checked your site for a while.

you got plenty of stuff I like:

- user can upload AVATAR
    - user can upload userimage
    - custom style plugin, applying user css to all themes
    - send messages to user I guess this is what you're refering as network features? I couldn't find anything else network related, although I might have changed my theme...

what about sharing at least some of your nice little plugins? can we bribe you? ;-)

and btw. you've got an php error in the dashboard:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function call_zspace_details() in /opt/lampp/htdocs/wp-admin/index.php on line 18

9. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

The error in the dashboard looks like it is fixed, the avatar's a regular plugin, but not sure about the PM system

10. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

which plugin are you using for the avatar?

11. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

12. eminemjamesuk
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hrm so I guess someone was online during my midnight update. Haha

13. eminemjamesuk
    Posted 17 years ago #

We're working on additional network thingamajiggers. We're in the process of hand-coding them, so it's tedious work and not much is being churned out at the moment. Give it a few months more and it should be completed by the summer.

14. eminemjamesuk
    Posted 16 years ago #

BTW, do widgets work for you guys when you try to drag them in Firefox? I want to see if it's just a problem with my browser or if it's widespread. (Hopefully it's just me)

15. gumdrop
    Posted 16 years ago #

eminmejamesuk, where did you get the "custom style plugin, applying user css to all themes"?

16. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

and more importantly, what about XSS? Does your solution swivel around that issue or not so much?

17. gumdrop
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yeah, that reminds me...has anyone look at headspace:
    http://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/headspace2

18. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

stopped working sometime for me but there are plenty of similar plugins available, although the problems I experienced with this plugi ncould be ähh.. "just mine" :-)

19. gumdrop
    Posted 16 years ago #

Seems to be working...the latest version, but I get Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
    /wp-content/plugins/headspace2/headspace_class.php on line 38

20. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

check if your widgets still drag and drop on blogs where headspace is enabled gumdrop. That was the problem I was having.

21. gumdrop
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK he's just got a new headspace2 version out 3.0.7.
    I have no problem draging and droping.... oh man what did I just say... ;-)

But the the foreach() error appears again.

22. Rubyducky
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's been quite a while but Journal Blue is back and completely redesigned. Right now, we're still working on adding some more plugins and widgets and a few more tweaks but most of it is operational. Feedback is always welcome!

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by eminemjamesuk
  • Latest reply from Rubyducky