The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

MU Admin bar padding-top (6 posts)

1. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have to edit padding-top option to make admin bar look better. But in which file do I have to edit padding-top option?

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

:-) of course in each themes stylesheet => you are editing each theme to make the theme look better or display the admin bar at all, remember?

3. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks for the reply :) I tried increasing padding-top options by 28 pixel, but admin bar still appears on top of header. For example, in default theme I found 2 padding-top options in 2 places:

and

margin: 0;
    }

which one do I have to increase padding-top by 28 pixel? Or do I have to add it manually?

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok, thats not as easy as you might have imagined,

thing is I don't have a default theme available here at work to look at, so I'll try and explain it.

padding-top: 28px; means that whatever element you are giving this attribute, will keep a "28px distance" between itsself and the top border of your browser.

so you need to find the top element of the theme you're trying to modify and assignt this paddig-top: 28px; to that element, so that the admin bar fits in these 28px between the top and the top-most elemetn.

hope this helps you.

5. qza
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thank you.

6. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

i've always just jumped into the body element and used margin-top:25px;

works fine so far!

About this Topic