The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Site gone to extreme slowness (33 posts)

1. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

it's not bandwidth luna because my forums load up lightning speed on this site.

I'm going to try loading a new nightly and leaving out the TinyMCE updates (they break buttonsnap unfortunately).

Has anyone else tried doing this?

2. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Suleiman the nightly i'm currently running is last nights (can't recall the revision without updating SVN) and thats working perfectly at the moment with no obvious side issues and it seems less sql calls too.

But bare in mind i am not dependant on users so in a live environment it could be an issue.

The advice to get the imagemapper button to function on the latest tinymce (2.08 in the nightly so far) is to replace \themes\advanced\editor_template.js with an older build (2.06 or previous) as its TinyMCE not Wordpress that has broken the mapping function.

I haven't tried it yet as i only have MU 1.0's old tinyMCE editor_template.js and thats 2.0 something or other which is a major step back possibly.

But it may be worth considering.

3. dizzy99
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok i've temporarily replaced the v2.08 editor_template.js with the v2.0 RC one from MU 1.0 release and i'm pleased to say that imagemanager is now again fully working on v2.08 tinymce.

However there are quite a few fundamental core edits to that file since V2.0 so i will be looking at at least a 2.06 version for production.

Although this replacement doesn't seem to have caused any apparent harm, its better to be safe than sorry.

Once i've got a v2.06 file i'll retest and report back with my findings.

About this Topic